Tuesday, August 6, 2013

SAHM Mom of Two Toddlers Going Back to School

I started college later then the norm. Why? That's a story in its own. I took my first college course at the age of 21. By the age of 22 I was married and had my first child. My husband and I decided to expand our family further while both of us worked full-time. This put my dream of having a college degree on hold.

Now at 26 years old I have a one year old and a three year old. Last summer my husband and I decided that I would start taking classes again toward my BA in Business. I looked at different schools and decided that online classes would be the best fit for me. Liberty University Online based out of Lynchburg, VA is the school I chose. I really like that Liberty University has an actual campus with over 12,500 resident students. Their online programs have 80,000+ students. Their online program allows me to complete my degree 100% at home. I'm able to spend more time with my family and go to school.

Faith played a big part in my decision as well.

It's been over a year since I started my first class and I'm loving it. I'm able to continue taking classes throughout the summer, this helps complete my degree faster. I just want to say that I am living proof that a degree can be obtained even if you have children. It may be a little more difficult, but it is completely possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment