Thursday, September 4, 2014

Nearing the End of Pregnancy

I'm getting to the end of my pregnancy and sleep is rare, which isn't fun because once the baby comes I know full well that my sleep situation won't be getting much better. I'll be up every 2-3 hours for weeks breastfeeding a newborn, taking care of my other kids, studying, writing papers and attempting to stay sane. It's going to be an interesting adventure, that's for sure. For the next couple weeks I'm trying to enjoy my son and daughter as much as possible.
I didn't take summer college classes this year so that we could do as many fun activities as possible before the new addition arrived and my oldest started Pre-K. We went on nature walks, hikes through the woods, swimming, had fun at the splash park, spent TONS of time at the library and reading books. I tried to get them out of the house as much as possible. Our family went to a couple weddings and spent time with family and friends as much as we could. Once the baby is born and winter hits I am sensing a semi lock down at our house until we all get the hang of things.
I feel like these last weeks are going to drag on with anticipation of our new arrival. Everyday the aches and pains of the third trimester intensify. Luckily I am finding some relief with weekly visits to the chiropractor, however I haven't been able to find a remedy for the electric shock like pains that randomly shoot down my legs periodically throughout the day. I swear I look like a crazy person when I get them in public. I trip and scream out in pain....which causes people to whip their heads around and stare at me. Oh, the joys of pregnancy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment