Friday, March 4, 2011

Full-time Mom and Full-time job

Right now I work full-time as a hotel front desk clerk. I know a lot of moms work full time as well, I'm not complaining. I really like my job. I get to meet new people everyday! I also deal with a lot of crabby and angry people. It's also nice to get out of the house sometimes by myself, even if it is to go to work. I also feel a sense of accomplishment everyday.
If I could have one wish it would be not to work as much, and to spend more time with my family. Since Jackson was born Trevor and I have worked opposite schedules to keep him out of daycare. Trevor works mornings at a company who delivers meat to all the nicer grocery stores in the area. He gets home and I jump in the car and take off for work. I don't get off until 11pm, and by that time Trevor and Jackson are asleep. We don't really have any days off together, so it's been hard finding time to spend as a family or alone as a couple. We are doing the best we can though and doing pretty well! 
This winter has been pretty hard on us. We can't take Jackson outside to play, or to the park. We love to hang out outdoors. I know we are from this climate (laugh out loud) but for some reason this winter is seeming to last forever. I cannot wait until the snow melts, the birds chirp and I can see green grass!!

No comments:

Post a Comment