Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hotel Front Desk Rants

(Found this gem from my hotel front desk days)

Today is my day off! Yay!! Jackson let me sleep in. :) Today after Trevor gets off work we are going to my parent's house to say goodbye to my childhood cat Kit. He is getting put to sleep soon. :(
While I have some free time here are some hotel rants I made while at work. (I may edit them a little, hehe):

February 26th, 2011
I'M GOING TO FREAK OUT! THESE DUDES WONT FREAKING LEAVE! They have been here for 2 freaking hours. blablablalblablablablabla I'm 2 minutes from calling the cops. They came in acting like they wanted to rent a room. When I told them the price they said "That's too expensive, we are going to have to think about it." They preceded to walk over to the couches in the lobby and sit down. One of them moved over to our "GUEST" computer and started using it. Mind you, this night is busy for me. I'm checking in guests, running upstairs to fix televisions and answering the phones. I asked them again if they were going to get a room or not. "No, I don't think so." So I tell them they are going to have to leave. "Our ride is on the way."
AN HOUR LATER:
I asked them to leave 4 times. "boohoo it's too cold" I told them THIS ISN'T THE LIBRARY OUR COMPUTER IS FOR GUESTS ONLY. Then one of them asks to use the bathroom in the pool. OK THEN LEAVE AFTER. I see him on the camera over hitting on girls in the hot tub. So I tell his friend I'M CALLING THE COPS RIGHT NOW YOUR FRIEND IS FREAKING HITTING ON GIRLS IN THE POOL. He ran sooo fast and got his friend and they left.  :D
 They were sitting there talking about "booty" and shapes of females and nasty stuff and other guests were hearing it and making faces. And then I was on the phone with someone making an actual reservation and they kept coming up while i was on the phone trying to talk to me.
Every once in a while people like this wander in, I need to learn to use calling the police sooner on in the evening so I don't have to deal with them. I need to stop being such a nice person in certain circumstances.

Next

I just had a guy check out 5 days early tonight because there were teenagers in the pool wearing bikinis!! LOL they were church girls a conformation group from a church. (swimsuits were in no way slutty). I think he has been here a month....i'm not lying when I say he is carrying EVERYTHING but the kitchen sink out. He called down twice saying that the girls were "half naked" and he couldn't stay here anymore because of it.

This guy yelled at me to the point of me in tears. All of this is my fault, I dont know how to do my job, he wants his money back, ALL of it RIGHT NOW! Oh, and he wants to talk to the manager. (His money is not in the drawer bc we are not allowed to have that much money at one time. He payed until next friday) He thinks that by talking to my manager the money will appear tonight. NO IT WONT! I told him over and over that he can't get his money until tomorrow when the manager is here. I'm sorry but he can't. He told me he wasnt going anywhere until I gave him his money. He thinks I STOLE his money, he doesn't believe me when I say it's not here. This is a hassle to him. YOU STANDING IN FRONT OF ME IS A HASSLE TO ME!! You making a scene and screaming about your money is a hassle. It's embarrassing, not just for you but for me.

I'm so sorry that you decided to check out with no notice a week early. "That's your fault" he says. "You know that this isn't my fault, it's yours. I want to talk to your manager right now and I'm not leaving. THIS IS YOUR FAULT! What is your job anyway?" Everything that happened was my fault. He isn't leaving the house keepers a tip and that is MY fault. "Tell the housekeepers it's your fault"
I'm sorry that we have a pool and people wear swimsuits. I'm sorry that they had to pass your room to get to the pool , front desk ect. WTF WERE YOU DOING? Peeping through the peephole?! What do you want everyone to wear full body armor in the pool?
AH! I loove my job, but tonight is NOT a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment